To promote continued cooperation between families and schools, WCPSS is offering Parent Academy – a series of classes, workshops and events aimed at helping families learn to engage with the school system and positively contribute to their child’s academic and social success.
The Winter/Spring Parent Academies started January 15, 2013!
We are very excited to offer a variety of workshops presented by WCPSS subject matter experts. The objective is to provide parents with the tools needed to support their children’s academic and social success. These workshops are free to WCPSS parents, and free child care for children ages 4-13 years old will be provided. Topics, presented in English and Spanish, include:
- Understanding Common Core and Essential Standards
- Technology Tips for Academic Success
- Planning your Pathway to College and Beyond
- Supporting Health and Nutrition at Home
- K-12 Assessments
- Transitioning from Elementary to Middle and from Middle to High School
- Keeping Children Safe in School
- Is Life in the Digital World Useful or Dangerous?
- Preparing your Child for the EOG
- Identify and Protect Your Child Against Bullying
Additional information can be found here: http://www.wcpss.net/parent-academy/