Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) Superintendent James Merrill is inviting WCPSS employees, parents, and the public to share their thoughts, concerns, and priorities for WCPSS in a series of community input events entitled Superintendent’s Direct Line.
Dr. Merrill has reserved the first hour-and-a-half of each event specifically for teachers and other WCPSS employees. The last hour-and-a-half is open to parents and the public. Interested speakers may begin signing up on-site at 4:00 p.m. each day in the lobby of the school auditorium. Each speaker is allotted three minutes and one appearance at the Superintendent’s Direct Line events.
Speakers are reminded that the Superintendent’s Direct Line is a public event; therefore, personnel issues should not be voiced during this time. Caution should be exercised before sharing private student matters.
Upcoming Superintendent’s Direct Line dates (All events are held in the school auditorium):
- February 3 – Southeast Raleigh High
- February 17 – Wakefield High
Afternoon and Evening Schedule for each event:
- 4:00 p.m. Speakers for Employee and Parents & Public events may begin signing up in the lobby of the auditorium
- 4:30 – 6:00 p.m. Superintendent’s Direct Line for Employees
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. (Break) Speaker sign-up continues until all slots are full or 6:45 p.m.
- 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Superintendent’s Direct Line for Parents and the Public