Safety is important at Cary Elementary. This means both the safety of students around traffic, being sure we have efficient and controlled ways to know students are going home with the correct adults, and monitoring the adults that come and go from our building. Please help us by following the below procedures.
- Students should not enter the building/school foyer without a parent prior to 8:00. We do not have staff to supervise students prior to 8:00.
- Only student walkers coming from the Kildaire Farm side should enter the front school doors – all other walkers should enter the back side as should any students getting dropped off or walked in by parents.
- Cars should not enter the front parking lot between 8:00 and 8:30. This time is for buses only.
- Parents wishing to walk their children into school should park in the back parking lot and use the back entrance. All visitors must sign in at the front office.
- All parents picking up students should use the back parking lot and follow the carpool procedures.
- Cars should not enter the front parking lot between 3:00 and 3:30 – this time is for buses only.
- All student walkers will be dismissed at the back of the school – bottom of the stairs exit at 3:00.
- Parents should not park in the front lot and walk in to pick-up. Any parents wishing to park and walk up to get their child can park in the back lot or available street parking spots.