School Social Workers are a vital part of the educational team, working together with educational administrators, teachers, counselors, psychologists, nurses, speech and language pathologists and other staff. Their unique graduate level training in social work enables them to understand and interpret the influences of the school, home, and community on children.
School Social Workers help STUDENTS:
- Achieve maximum benefit from their educational opportunities
- Cope with stress and improve self-concept
School Social Workers help PARENTS:
- Participate effectively in their children’s education
- Gain access to resources to meet their basic needs
School Social Workers help SCHOOLS:
- Understand factors (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health, etc.) that affect student’s abilities to make maximum use of their school experience
School Social Workers help COMMUNITIES:
- Understand school policies, programs, and practices
- Collaborate to adequately meet the needs of students and families
If you need to contact our school social worker Maria Young, she can be reached at 919-594-3539 or via email at email@example.com.