Cary Cougars!! We need you! The Carolina Hurricanes have challenged us to:
read 2,020 books, asking individual students to perform 20 minutes of reading outside the classroom each day during the first semester, from Oct. 2 through Jan. 12.
While there are multiple ways to track reading (hockey pucks on the wall and our online tracking), we can definitely use a big boost! As you can tell, with our online record, our average minutes read are only 1 minute a person/day and we’ve finished reading less than one book per person! Wake County is divided into regions, so these stats are for our region alone.
We KNOW WE CAN DO MUCH, MUCH BETTER!
For your child to track his/her reading minutes online, your child needs to:
- log-in to the WCPSS portal off of the main school site.
- Your child will need their log-in and NCWise# and/or provided password
- Once logged in, look for the “Hurricanes” thumbnail.
- Click there.
- Log book title, minutes read, and once completed, check that off
- Please see this video if you need further instruction!
Cary Cougars! Let’s show our Cary Cougar Pride and step up our efforts in the READVOLUTION challenge. We’re only in the beginning stages, so we have plenty of time to prove what we can do! Let’s show the ‘Canes how much we love reading!