Welcome back Cary Elementary families! I hope you all had a great summer and while we are excited to see all of our returning students and families, we’d also like to welcome those that are new to Cary Elementary.
I had a very nice summer as I was able to take a trip to the beach, travel to western NY to see my family, and we added a new puppy to our family. We’ve been busy at school this summer as we hosted both a summer camp and county special education camp. We’ve also had a brand new heating and air conditioning unit installed for the k/1 hallway and gym.
Among the new staff members we are happy to have joining us this year is Mr. Jeff Kleiber. Mr. Kleiber is in a graduate program at UNC Chapel Hill working towards his masters degree in school administration and will be completing his internship with us this year. Many of you may know him as the Reedy Creek Middle School band director, as he did a great job in that role over the past 7 years.
Cary Elementary is a great school and I look forward to another exciting year of learning and positive life experiences for our students. Students, I’m eager to get outside with you soon for some games of Gaga Ball. I look forward to seeing you all at our upcoming Meet the Teacher event on August 25 from 11:00-1:00 or on our Monday, August 28 for our first day of school.
Welcome Cary Cougar Families!
Whether your child, and you, are returning, or this is your first year here at Cary Elementary, we are thankful you’re here! The Cary PTA would love to help you get a feel for our school and ways to keep informed and INVOLVED!
- CES Facebook page : For up to date announcements, photos, or general information, please “LIKE” our school page. “What’s happening?” at school or with our teachers often pop up here.
- “FOLLOW” CES on Twitter: @CaryElem or follow the updates via the main page of the school website
- Cary Elementary PTA webpage : To find information about joining the PTA, budget, PTA meeting minutes, and other official updates, please bookmark.
- Cary Elementary School Home Page : For all things CES, this is the place to be. You can find staff contact information, curriculum standards, school calendar of events, school policies, menus and more!
- Cary Elementary Newsletter : You’re here! This is the place for weekly school updates and notifications of what’s ahead. Please bookmark OR subscribe so you don’t miss any important information. Here, we hope to make sure you don’t miss any vital dates or school-wide announcements.
It’s that time of the year again! In case you have misplaced your supply lists from the summer mail, please refer here! The teachers are so appreciative of your help!
Welcome back! Here are some important dates to know as we get our year started off right!
Thursday, August 24th–KINDERGARTNERS’ POPSICLES on the PLAYGROUND (10-11 a.m.)
Friday, August 25th–MEET THE TEACHER DAY 1st-5th grades, 11:00a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Monday, August 28th–FIRST DAY of SCHOOL
Monday-Wednesday, August 28-30th–STAGGERED ENTRY DAYS for Kindergarten
Friday, September 1st–KINDERGARTNERS’ MEET THE TEACHER DAY (12 p.m-2 p.m.)
Monday, September 4th–SCHOOL HOLIDAY (Labor Day)
Thursday, September 21st–TEACHER WORKDAY (No school!)
Friday, September 29th–EARLY RELEASE (12:30 p.m. dismissal)
It’s the end of the year and PTA has a few questions for you. They would greatly appreciate it if you could take just a few minutes of your time to fill out this short survey!
Check out Mr. Stanton in Cary Magazine as part of the “Fresh Perspectives” article on page 37.
We are pleased to announce that WCPSS is opening the Home Base/ PowerSchool Parent Portal for all elementary schools. This portal is not only for transportation information. The Parent Portal provides parents access to real-time information. This will be the way to access your child(ren)s’ grades in MIDDLE SCHOOL, and will follow your child(ren) all through high school. You will also access your bus stop information through this parent portal from now on.
Please complete the “Application for Access” that was sent home with your child. You must hand deliver the application and present a photo ID to your child’s school. Then we will hand you the log-on information that is specific to your child. Please email or call Susan Barrier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.460.3455 extension 26749 if you have additional questions.
It is hard to believe the end of another school year is upon us. Things have gone by quickly and it is always exciting for me as I visit classrooms and see the wonderful growth in learning and maturity that has taken place in our students.
Thank you to all of our volunteers this year. We enjoy having you here and you have been a big part of all the learning that has taken place. A special thanks to all the parents, grandparents, and former Cary Elementary staff members who came to help proctor our recent End of Grade tests. We’ll let you know about scores as soon as we have the results. I’m very excited about all the hard work and learning that has taken place this year and continue to be proud to be the principal of our great school.
Congratulations to Mrs. Robin Smith and Margo Racine who will be retiring at the end of this school year. Mrs. Smith is one of our kindergarten teachers and Mrs. Racine has been one of our reading intervention teachers. Both ladies have done a lot for Cary Elementary and will certainly be missed.
– Summer letters will be mailed to all Cary Elementary families in early August. These letters will contain important dates and information for the start to the new 2017-18 school year.
– Keep an eye on our school web site for dates and information. School supply lists will also be posted soon.
– Meet the Teacher will be Friday, August 25 from 11:00-1:00 for 1st – 5th grade students. Class lists will be present at the start of the session.
– Technology at Cary Elementary – we are excited to be adding more laptops and iPads to the great base of hardware we already have. With the help of our PTA and county grant our new machines will be arriving soon to be used in the upcoming school year.
Thanks to everyone for another great year at Cary Elementary!